Recipients will be presented with a $5,000 scholarship award from the American Osteopathic Foundation and the American Academy of Osteopathy during the AOF's Honors event on Oct. 22, 2021.
During the calendar year the award is distributed, those eligible to be nominated for this award must meet the following criteria:
- Osteopathic physicians in training who have completed their first year of residency or fellowship
- Osteopathic recognized residency
- Have a commitment to osteopathic medicine, its philosophy and principles, as demonstrated through comprehensive patient care
- Be recognized as a strong leader within the Residency Program
- Committed to the community through actions and involvement
- Committed to the education and enrichment of self and others including, but not limited to, continuing education, teaching, research and publication
Multiple nominations may be received; only one resident will be chosen from each partnering specialty. Former award recipients are not eligible to reapply for the same award for a period of three years.
- One (1) letter of recommendation from the nominator
- Two (2) additional letters of recommendation
- One (1) letter must be from the resident’s Program Director
- Current curriculum vitae or resume from the nominee
If the candidate’s program director is not a DO, one recommendation must be from a practicing osteopathic physician.
Nominee Required Materials:
- A one-page personal statement from the nominee, focusing on their eligibility, the purpose of the award, and highlighting activities and/or experiences during residency
- Current curriculum vitae or resume